Here’s how to write a check for 400 dollars.
A few lines below you can find the complete steps to fill out a check for 400 dollars, including the terms explained as well as useful information and images.
On top of that we provide you with a numbers to words converter for how to write a check for 400 in both, the American spelling as well as the British spelling of numbers, and more.
- DATE: Write the current date, or the earliest date you would like the check to be cashed, in the upper right corner. The month, date and year must be included.
- PAY TO THE ORDER OF: Fill in the payee information, that is the business name or first and last names of the person the money goes to, on the next line.
- $ (Amount in Numeric Form): Put 400.00 in the box right after the $ sign on the same line. Make sure to include the decimal part 00.
- DOLLARS (Amount in Words): Write Four hundred and 00/100 on the next field as far to the left on that line as possible. Use sentence case.
- FOR: Note what the check payment is for on the next line, e.g. the invoice or contract number. Observe that this memo field is optional.
- SIGNATURE: Duly sign the document above the line in the bottom rightcorner.
- Be mindful that if you put “Cash” in the PAY TO THE ORDER OF field, then anyone can present the check for payment.
- Instead of Four hundred and 00/100, you may employ the fraction form Four hundred and no/100, or Four hundred and xx/100, just to name a few.
- A check for four hundred dollars in the United States of America may also carry the ending “only” or “even”. For example: Four hundred only dollars.
You are likely going to like our app below. Check it out now:
Letter case:Sentence case
In contrast to British English, in US English there is usually no “and” between the three digit and the two digit numerals.
This not only applies to numbers, but also to check values in words.How to Write a Check for 400 Dollars With and Without Cents Click To TweetRead on to learn everything on how to write a 400 dollars check with no cents.
How to Write a Check for 400 Dollars with Cents
Assumed xy is the cent part of your amount:
Write 400.xy in the $ field, and Four hundred and xy/100 in the dollar space. All other steps are the same as for the 400 dollar only check detailed above.
Example 1: 400 dollars and 45 cents
Example 2: 400 dollars and 94 cents
In any case, we recommend using our converter. In the following section you can learn about writing a check over 400 in other currencies.
How to Write a Check for 400
Writing a check for 400, be it either euros, Swiss francs, yen, yuan or British pounds almost certainly involves writing the same information in an identical or similar way.
Yet, instead of the $ symbol and the printed word “dollars, the check is denoted in another currency, and may include the word bearer, which can be crossed out to make it non-cash.
Along these lines, check formats vary from country to country, let alone from bank from bank.
Particularly outside the US, a check in the amount of 400 might as well have two parallel lines, either through the top left-hand corner of the check or diagonally across the whole check.
Such a crossed check cannot be immediately cashed; the equivalent of $400 must be deposited into a bank account. Crossed checks are uncommon in the United States, though.
More details on how to write a check can be found in our home page.
Here’s what you may also be interested in with regard to how to write a check for $400:
- Drawer: the entity (you) writing the check over 400$
- Payee: the entity to whom the check in the amount of $400 is made payable
- Drawee: the financial institution paying the 400 dollars
Below you can find the frequently asked questions in the context of this article.
- How to write a check for 400 dollars and no cents? Answer: Four hundred only dollars
- How do you write a check for $400? Answer: Four hundred and 00/100 dollars
- How to write a check out for 400 dollars with cents? Answer: Four hundred and xy/100 dollars
Taking into account our detailed information, you should already know that.
However, if something remains unclear, then drop us a line in the comment form or send an email with the subject line “how to write out a check for 400 dollars”.
Ahead is the summary of our post about how to write 400 on a check.
400 Dollar Check Bottom Line
You have reached the concluding section of our article, and we hope our content about how to fill out a check for 400 dollars has been useful to you.
To sum up:
A check for 400 dollars can be spelled as Four hundred and xy/100 dollars; check formats, terms and spelling variants differ.
In any case, it includes the date, recipient information, signature as well as the monetary amount twice, one time as decimal number 400.xy and one time as the word “four hundred and xy/100” or similar.
If you like our information on writing a check over $400, then give us some likes, bookmark our site and leave a comment. And, you may also be interested in how to fill in a check for $403.
Thanks for visiting how to write a check for 400 dollars.