Here’s how to write a check for 31 dollars.
Table of Contents
A few lines below you can find the complete steps to fill out a check for 31 dollars, including the terms explained as well as useful information and images. 🙂
On top of that we provide you with a numbers to words converter for how to write a check for 31 in both, the American spelling as well as the British spelling of numbers, and more.
To fill in the fields on a check for 31 dollars proceed as explained after the depiction right below.
31 Dollars Check Image
The Parts of this Check in Detail
- DATE: Write the current date, or the earliest date you would like the check to be cashed, in the upper right corner. The month, date and year must be included.
- PAY TO THE ORDER OF: Fill in the payee information, that is the business name or first and last names of the person the money goes to, on the next line.
- $ (Amount in Numeric Form): Put 31.00 in the box right after the $ sign on the same line. Make sure to include the decimal part 00.
- DOLLARS (Amount in Words): Write Thirty-one and 00/100 on the next field as far to the left on that line as possible. Use sentence case.
- FOR: Note what the check payment is for on the next line, e.g. the invoice or contract number. Observe that this memo field is optional.
- SIGNATURE: Duly sign the document above the line in the bottom rightcorner.
- Be mindful that if you put “Cash” in the PAY TO THE ORDER OF field, then anyone can present the check for payment.
- Instead of Thirty-one and 00/100, you may employ the fraction form Thirty-one and no/100, or Thirty-one and xx/100, just to name a few.
- A check for thirty-one dollars in the United States of America may also carry the ending “only” or “even”. For example: Thirty-one only dollars.
How to Write a Check Quiz
You are likely going to like our app below. Check it out now:
Number to Check Amount in Words Converter
Letter case:Sentence case
Spelling: Thirty-one and 00/100 dollars
This not only applies to numbers, but also to check values in words.How to Write a Check for 31 Dollars With and Without Cents Click To TweetRead on to learn everything on how to write a 31 dollars check with no cents.
How to Write a Check for 31 Dollars with CentsAssumed xy is the cent part of your amount:
Write 31.xy in the $ field, and Thirty-one and xy/100 in the dollar space. All other steps are the same as for the 31 dollar only check detailed above.
Example 1: 31 dollars and 31 cents
Example 2: 31 dollars and 94 cents
In any case, we recommend using our converter. In the following section you can learn about writing a check over 31 in other currencies.
How to Write a Check for 31Writing a check for 31, be it either euros, Swiss francs, yen, yuan or British pounds almost certainly involves writing the same information in an identical or similar way.
Yet, instead of the $ symbol and the printed word “dollars, the check is denoted in another currency, and may include the word bearer, which can be crossed out to make it non-cash.
Along these lines, check formats vary from country to country, let alone from bank from bank.
Particularly outside the US, a check in the amount of 31 might as well have two parallel lines, either through the top left-h and corner of the check or diagonally across the whole check.
Such a crossed check cannot be immediately cashed; the equivalent of $31 must be deposited into a bank account. Crossed checks are uncommon in the United States, though.
More details on how to write a check can be found in our home page.
Additional InformationHere’s what you may also be interested in with regard to how to write a check for $31:
- Drawer: the entity (you) writing the check over 31$
- Payee: the entity to whom the check in the amount of $31 is made payable
- Drawee: the financial institution paying the 31 dollars
Below you can find the frequently asked questions in the context of this article.
How to write a check out for 31 dollars with cents?
Thirty-one and xy/100 dollars.
How to write a check for 31 dollars and no cents?
It is recommended writing Thirty-one and 00/100 dollars, but Thirty-one only dollars or Thirty-one even dollars may also be accepted.
How do you write a check for 31 dollars without cents?
Thirty-one and 00/100 dollars.
How do you write a check for $31?
Thirty-one and 00/100 dollars.
How do you write 31 on a check?
For 31 you write Thirty-one.
How do you write 31 dollars on a check?
If the check has no pennies: Thirty-one and No/100 dollars or Thirty-one and 00/100 dollars. Else, Thirty-one and xy/100 dollars.
How do you spell $31?
However, if something remains unclear, then drop us a line in the comment form or send an email with the subject line “how to write out a check for 31 dollars”.
Ahead is the summary of our post about how to write 31 on a check.
31 Dollar Check SummaryYou have reached the concluding section of our article, and we hope our content about how to fill out a check for 31 dollars has been useful to you.
To sum up:
A check for 31 dollars can be spelled as Thirty-one and xy/100 dollars; check formats, terms and spelling variants differ.
In any case, it includes the date, recipient information, signature as well as the monetary amount twice, one time as decimal number 31.xy and one time as the word “thirty-one and xy/100” or similar.
If you like our information on writing a check over $31, then give us some likes, bookmark our site and leave a comment.And, you may also be interested in how to fill in a check for $34.
Thanks for visiting how to write a check for 31 dollars.